We are an established specialist civil contractor in ground improvement, geosynthetic materials and geotechnical instruments at Surabaya. We also appointed as sole agent for many reliable brand of its material. We have an extensive experience in ground improvement and infrastructure project since 1996. We are currently interviewing for the following positions:
GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER (GE)
(Specialist in Ground Improvement Works and Geosynthetic Materials)
The Geotechnical Engineer position will be assigned to assist and coordinate internal and external geotechnical engineering activities focus on ground improvement works, geosynthetic materials and geotechnical instrumentation applications, and the interdisciplinary interfaces in close liaison with discipline team leaders either a role in design engineering, development in planning, work method and technology, also in evaluation the project achievement & product/application development in geosynthetic materials. Under manager commercial supervision, the individual performs project management assignments according capability and experience. With additional experience and demonstrated capabilities, the individual is expected to assist in the development project in product and technology application.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement design work of geotechnical components of all type of projects including the instrumentation of monitoring works.
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings and other topographical, geology and soil investigation data for design.
- Have a sound understanding of the design process across various disciplines and manage interfaces and sequencing of design.
- Conduct studies, preparation of specifications, evaluation of proposals and development of estimation and design.
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaption and notification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Provide the research of products or applications development in geosynthetics and geotechnical instrumentation.
- Provide technical review for client design and conduct the engineering detailed works method and specifications.
- Develop and maintain technical document i.e. Method Statement, Proposal and etc. to support marketing and implementation.
- Involvement in tender proposals and reviews, including clarification regarding tender, PQ and technical requirements.
- Lead and/or assist with the coordination, development and production of proposals and presentations, ensuring the highest quality of information and technical documentation output.
- Conduct in-depth engineering analysis / calculations and design.
- Perform geotechnical analysis for ground improvement works and other geosynthetic material works
- Identify and highlight to management of any potential risks or technical issues that will impact project performance.
- Introduce improvements wherever appropriate to enhance the quality, productivity, and efficiency of the Project
- May prepare technical papers for publication and/ or presentation.
- May assist in training personnel on use of field equipment or collection of field and / or laboratory data
- Supports earned value management system implementation.
- Represent the company to attend technical design discussion or meeting with clients, main-contractor and consultant.
- Apply and assist in the improvement of Geotechnical standards and guidelines for use.
- Compiles information from reports and published documents. Evaluates and/or analyzes the compiled information following standard methods or specific instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have a degree in Civil Engineering (specializing in Geotechnical), a postgraduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering is welcome to apply;
- At least 3 years’ experience in geotechnical engineering design and improvement;
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics and local Indonesia soils
- Demonstrated expertise in engineering analysis and design;
- Demonstrated commercial acumen, customer focus and business analysis skills; Ability to undertake complex geotechnical engineering tasks;
- Strong technical knowledge of geosynthetic materials and its applications also in geotechnical instrumentation application in geotechnical works;
- Preferably has experience in application of ground improvement works with geosynthetic material and geotechnical instrumentation;
- Ability to demonstrate in using 3D modeling and 3D drawing application software
- Understand in the soil investigation method testing and reports;
- Experience in transfer technology project;
- Familiar in using geotechnical engineering and geotechnical instrumentation monitoring software;
- Familiar with ground improvement works, geosynthetic materials & geotechnical instruments applications;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with project management capability;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders including clients, senior management, technical professionals and operational personnel;
- Ability to work independently and to produce technical reports;
- Understands and applies safety requirements in the field
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills in English;
- Be able to work in under pressure environment;
- Experience with progress reporting and analysis;
- Flexibility to travel;
Send the application to:
PT. TEKNINDO GEOSISTEM UNGGUL
Wisma SIER 1st Floor, Jl. Rungkut Industri Raya No.10 Surabaya 60293
Or email : firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
write the application position on the left corner of the envelope or in the email subject